Friday 14 November 2008

13.11.09

today has been a lazy day, well, a 'recouperating' day. i can feel my body repairing, its gone completely lax and all i want is to sleep. i woke up at about quarter to nine when Sveta gestured for me to lock the door behind her, and then i had a big breakfast, and then went back to sleep until half twelve. i had the strangest dreams, dreams that i seemed to be revisiting; the situations seemed so familiar. in one, i was back in school and this boy who went to swimming club was infatuted with me. i skipped a class so we could rendezvous in a dark corridor, where he declared his burning love for me, and we kissed. i had been expecting the kiss to be earth shaking, as i was thoroughly- misty eyeod besotted with him, but what a disappointment! i felt nothing, and expectantly resigned myself to what i had secretly known, but refused to admit, that i was in love with someone else... and yet i glibly returned his profoundity of affection, and we held hands and skipped the rest of the school day. i had another dream- its very vague now, but involved somehow visiting my friends, and showing them how dry my skin and chapped my lips had become from the Russian cold- among us i am known for my skin.
i took a bath when i woke up, and hastily got dressed because Sergei had arrived home, with his friend, Lorsha. Lorsha was also so sweet! he came and stood in my room shyly, and sat on the sofa/bed and tried to converse with me. i showed him some photos, and he wanted to read some of one of my books to show me his english; i gave him two of the postcards i have brought from home. Sergei had been heating the leftover soup from last night, and called us for supper, and then he washed all his dishes and the pan! and then did his homework! so obediently and happily! school seems to end for them at half past one, and then Sergei has the rest of the day alone. i am glad to be around even so that he wont be alone until his mother arrives, which is usually between seven and eight. And he gave me a poster of Linkin Park! apart from that not a very eventful day, tomorrow there is still nothing planned. i have an english lesson with Gwen at 7pm because the rest of the volunteers planned ages ago to spend the weekend in another city Kazan. the remainder of us are going to see the Russian Ballet; Sleeping Beauty. there is a ballet on every weekend i think, and the tickets are so cheap; only 40 roubles which is less then a pound! tomorrow i will stay home again in the morning and then go to SFERA at three.

No comments: